Shirley Fields, Named RMC Living the Regional Way Honoree for September
Congratulations to Shirley Fields, the Regional Medical Center’s Living the Regional Way honoree for the month of September.
Employed by the Regional Medical Center (RMC) for seven years, Shirley is a Unit-Based Educator in the Surgery Department. Her responsibilities include caring for surgical patients and training operating room staff and medical students on sterile techniques. In her nomination, Shirley was described as a consummate professional who shows great empathy and compassion for her patients. Whether giving a coworker a ride to work or volunteering to perform tasks outside of her own work schedule, Shirley lives every day the “Regional Way,” providing a calming presence for surgical patients and doing everything she can to make their time at RMC as comfortable and worry-free as possible.
Shirley is a native of Denmark. She and her husband, Marcus attend The Progressive Church of Our Lord Jesus Christ in Denmark. In her spare time, she enjoys spending time with family and friends, watching
movies and listening to classical music.
RMC employees are nominated for Living the Regional Way recognition by their peers. Monthly honorees are selected for the award based on their work performance, professionalism, loyalty and enthusiasm for RMC, and other notable achievements.
Living the Regional Way Honorees for 2018:
- January 2018 - Donna Sanford, RN - RMC Cardiology/Dr. Mark Krzyston
- February 2018 - Amy Harig, PharmD, BCPS - RMC Inpatient Pharmacy
- March 2018 - Kristen Jones, RN - RMC rehabcentre®
- April 2018 - David Fields, Floor Technician - Engineering
- May 2018 - Crystal Hanton, Emergency Medical Technician - Emergency Room
- June 2018 - Kyle Tucker, RN, Intensive Care Unit
- July 2018 - Catherine Lovern, MLT, RMC Laboratory